Cosplay Portrait Artist
"My mission is to bring KINDNESS, GENEROSITY, and JOY to Cosplayers and Fans with my artwork."
Why I chose to paint Cosplayers
Cosplay is an art form that I have always been inspired by. The amount of time and dedication it takes to transform into a whole other person is astounding and I feel it is my purpose to elevate the passion that cosplayers have into an artwork they and their fans can cherish for a lifetime.
I became interested in art in the 6th grade and started out drawing cartoon characters, as most people do. I went to college for graphic design then changed majors and I earned my Bachelors Degree in Visual Arts Studies from the University of North Texas and hold a minor in Professional Development. My devotion to practice and passion for fantasy stayed with me throughout college and into adulthood and has helped me evolve into the multimedia, multi-style artist I am today. I started out my career as a middle school art teacher, eventually becoming the district Visual Arts lead, but switched to creating art full time in May, 2020.
I enjoy creating all types of art in all mediums, though my focus is watercolor. I am inspired by many other visual artists as well as cosplayers, and spend a lot of time looking at their work, researching art techniques, and practicing in order to grow as an artist.
Be sure to follow my Instagram and Facebook, and don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see new videos from me every week!
Thank you for your interest and support!
30 Fun Facts!
1. I got married on August 6th, 2017. My name changed from Landvatter to O'Daniell.
2. I have 5 pets, 2 Pit Bulls and 3 cats.
3. I enjoy making commissions as well as personal art.
4. I love to roller skate. I used to work as a sonic carhop.
5. My husband and I love movies. We go see a movie almost every Friday depending on whats out and we had a movie themed wedding.
6. I LOVE Hello Kitty and Kingdom Hearts.
7. My favorite movie is Jim Henson's Labyrinth, with David Bowie.
8. I am a huge fan of Studio Ghibli movies.
9. My second passion in life is Creative Writing.
10. I love 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles.
11. I like to relax by playing RPG video games on my PS4.
12. I enjoy public speaking and teaching.
13. I enjoy planning large projects, mostly for the feeling of accomplishment when they are complete.
14. I love to read, mostly fantasy fiction and personal development.
15. I love coffee.
16. I like to watch NFL football.
17. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother.
18. I'm from Abilene, TX, but lived in Mesa, AZ for 5 years when I was a kid.
19. My favorite food is Fried Pickles.
20. My favorite junk food is Hot Cheetos and Sour Gummy Worms.
21. I enjoy going to the gym and being healthy!
22. I'm 29.
23. My favorite holiday is Christmas. My family and friends call me Santa.
24. I have a fascination with stop motion films. I find them to be stunningly beautiful and really enjoy Tim Burton and Laika films.
25. My favorite Marvel character is Captain America and my favorite DC character is Harley Quinn.
26. Even though my focus is watercolor I HATED using it until about 2 years ago.
27. I also LOVE to make art with Copic Markers!
28. My favorite color is red.
29. I love rainy and stormy weather.
30. Summer is my favorite season!